It is crucial to meet and get to know a client before undertaking the responsibility of their wedding planning. While, customers and clients are really important for an event management business, and every prospect that comes your way should be impressed. But choosing a wrong client can cost you both time and money, both of which could be utilized to get more suitable projects.
The most significant questions a wedding planner needs to ask their potential clients are:
· What is the probable Date and Location for their Event? It’s possible that a few clients have already decided the final date and the location where they want the wedding ceremony to take place. Some may still be in the deciding state. Irrespective of the situation, a wedding planner or an event manager should always be ready with a prospective list of available venues and time slots.
· What is the budget for the ceremony? This is one of the most important questions which decide the main outcome for the rest of the following questions.
· How Many Guests Will Attend the Event? There should be an estimated number of probable guests who might attend the ceremony. The selection of the venue and the food arrangements depend intensively on the expected number of guests.
· What are absolute Must-Have elements for their Event? There might be some things, in terms of food, lightening or selection of flowers arrangements or type of the crockery to be used that are mandatory for their wedding event. It’s best to know these crucial details beforehand and see whether they are viable.
· What kinds of theme do they want for their wedding? Some clients may opt for the traditional type of wedding ceremony while some may want to incorporate modern trends or have different ideas as to how they want their wedding to be. Some may specifically want a dance floor, a DJ, specific type of flowers or desserts for their wedding. It’s best to know these details well in advance.
· What are a few things you absolutely want to avoid at your ceremony? It is important to ask the prospective clients what things they don’t like at weddings and want to avoid at their ceremony. It could be something as little as the choice of drinks or desserts served, or a particular type of flower they do not want. It could also be a color that they absolutely want to avoid in their wedding decorations.
· Do they have specific vendors in mind? The soon to be wedded couple might have specific vendors in their mind for their wedding dress and suit. They might also have thought about a particular band or DJ they want to play at their ceremony, or a specific food caterer or florist or make-up artist they want for their wedding event. It is also crucial to know these details beforehand and book the appointments well in advance so as to avoid any last minute obstacles.
Added By: Kaveri Moitra
Content By:Kaveri Moitra